Learn to Row and Joining the Club
Gig rowing is becoming very popular amongst the people of Portishead. Our waiting list is currently open once again! To join the club you need to complete the following steps:
- Email our membership secretary at email@example.com to add yourself to the waiting list. You will need to provide your name and a contact email address to begin with. Any previous rowing experience would also be useful to know, particularly if you have rowed gigs before.
- Learn to Row courses happen around 4 times per year with 16 places on each course. When the time comes to start your course, our membership secretary will send you an email to inform you and provide you with a link to complete a Learn to Row application form. The cost of the course is £30 which can be paid via BACS or cheque.
- The course consists of 1 theory session and 5 on the water sessions. You will be provided with a username and password for our club website so you can sign up to the sessions on the online calendar and read the relevant protocols and procedures before starting your course.
- After completion of Learn to Row, you can decide whether you wish to join the club or not. If you decide to join you need to complete our full Membership Form online. Fees are set from January to January and your membership will be charged pro rata.
- Membership Secretary: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Club Secretary: email@example.com
- Club Chairman and Learn to Row lead: firstname.lastname@example.org